SUNDAY 14th November 2021
33rd SUNDAY (B)
Readings: Daniel 12:1-3, Psalm 15, Hebrews 10:11-14.18 Matthew 13:24-32.
SERVICES FOR WEEK 13th – 21st November 2021
Sat 13th Nov 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Ivor John Burton-Bowen RIP (Wood)
Sun 14th Nov 33rd SUN (B)
08.30 Foundation Mass Vincent Jeyaseelan
10.30 Jim Henry RIP (Henry family)
Mon 15th Nov 09.15 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 St Albert the Great Marie Sullivan (Sullivan family)
Tues 16th Nov 09.15 ss Edmund,Margaret & Gertrude Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Joe Moynihan RIP (Moynihan family)
Weds 17th Nov 09.15 ss Hilda,Hugh & Elizabeth Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Dunning/Wheatley families RIP (Wheatley)
Fri 19th Nov 09.15 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Fr Doug (Szredski)
Sat 20th Nov 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Jack Bowen RIP (Wood)
Sun 21st Nov OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, KING OF THE UNIVERSE
08.30 For the Parish
10.30 Alex & Angela Fernandes RIP (Fernandes)
LIVE STREAMING OF MASSES ON THE WEBSITE
All masses are streamed live and can be viewed via this link:
Recordings are available there for a week or so. The Sunday sermon is also on the website in printed form.
Direct Bank Payments to RCAS St John Fisher – Bexley, Sort code 51 70 14, Account 01831763
Please put your name and if you use envelopes, your envelope number, as the code.
Many thanks for your collection last week: £947.98 incl standing orders
Special Collection this week Archbishop’s Fund for Diocesan Administration
Special Collection next week – Catholic Youth Services
The Herald by subscription: Ring 0207 448 3607 or go to http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/subscribe
In church please:
• Continue to wear masks on Sundays unless you are in space or are exempt.
• At weekday masses you only need to wear masks if you are close to someone else.
• Socially distance 1metre. In other words, keep a space between yourself and anyone else.
• Continue to make your Offertory Contribution on entry.
In November we continue to pray for those who have died:
• We have a Book of Remembrance that will be brought to the altar in the offertory procession so that those whose names you record in it will be prayed for during the mass.
• This weekend we celebrate Remembrance Sunday and we will pray for those who died during times of war. We celebrate too the peace that has been won through their sacrifice.
• Next weekend (20/21 Nov) we will pray for those who have had funerals here during the past year. Each of their names will be read out loud and a candle will be lit in remembrance of each soul. A final candle will be lit for all those listed in the Book of Remembrance. (This will occur on the sanctuary as the procession by parishioners holding lighted candles has not been allowed in church for several years.) This can be a very moving occasion and we encourage you to invite anyone you know who might wish to remember loved ones in this way.
Loving God, We praise your name with all you have created.
You are present in the whole universe, and in the smallest of creatures.
We acknowledge the responsibilities you have placed upon us as stewards of your creation.
May the Holy Spirit inspire all political leaders at COP26 as they seek to embrace the changes needed to foster a more sustainable society.
Instil in them the courage and gentleness to implement fairer solutions for the poorest and most vulnerable, and commit their nations to the care of Our Common Home.
We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ your Son. Amen
JUSTICE AND PEACE COMMISSION AUTUMN ASSEMBLY 2021
The Diocesan Justice and Peace Commission Autumn Assembly entitled ‘COP26’ What next? Is a continued response to the huge environmental issues of our time. At Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Brixton Hill, SATURDAY 20th NOVEMBER from 10 a.m. onwards. Please bring a packed lunch. Tea and coffee provided.Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
CEMETERY BLESSINGS OF GRAVES NOVEMBER 2021 – Brook St. Erith – Sun.14 Nov. at 3 pm Plumstead – Sun 14 Nov. at 1.30 pm Woolwich – 14 Nov. at 2 pm Chislehurst – 20th November at 12 noon.
CONCERT IN AID OF THE PASSAGE AT THE ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL
Thursday, 25 November at 7.30 pm – Theme – Bohemian Rhapsody, with works by Dvorak, Mahler and Smetana. Performers include Andrei Ionita, Cello: Anush Kovhannisyan, Soprano: Streetwise Opera, Toby Purser; Conductor: and the Orion Orchestra. Full details and booking at https://passage,org.uk/night-under-the-stars-2021/ or telephone 020 75921856.
STELLA MARIS – ON LINE SEMINAR – TO MARK WORLD FISHERIES DAY 23RD NOVEMBER
7.30 to 9 pm. Explaining about modern slavery in the fisheries industry and Stella Maris’ efforts to rescue those involved. Register to attend at www.StellaMaris.org.uk/ModernSlavery.
NEWSLETTER DEADLINE NOON WEDNESDAY – Please email if possible.