SUNDAY 7th November 2021
32nd SUN (B)
Readings: 1 Kings 17:10-16, Psalm 145, Hebrews 9:24-28, Matthew 12:38-44.
SERVICES FOR WEEK 6th – 14th November 2021
Sat 6th Nov 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Thanksgiving Ss Anthony & Joseph (Fogarty)
Sun 7th Nov 32nd SUN (B)
08.30 Gino Mansi RIP (Jones)
10.30 Maureen Watkins (Choir)
Mon 8th Nov 09.15 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Bernie King: Birthday (Fitzpatrick)
Tues 9th Nov 09.15 Lateran Basilica Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Patsy Goodman RIP (SVP Friends)
Weds 10th Nov 09.15 St Leo the Great Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Eucharistic Service
Fri 12th Nov 09.15 St Josaphat Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Tony Sullivan RIP (Sullivan)
Sat 13th Nov 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Ivor John Burton-Bowen RIP (Wood)
Sun 14th Nov 33rd SUNDAY (B)
08.30 Foundation Mass Vincent Jeyaseelan RIP
10.30 Jim Henry RIP (Henry)
LIVE STREAMING OF MASSES ON THE WEBSITE
All masses are streamed live and can be viewed on this via this link.
Recordings are available there for a week or so. The Sunday sermon is also on the website in printed form.
Direct Bank Payments to RCAS St John Fisher – Bexley, Sort code 51 70 14, Account 01831763
Please put your name and if you use envelopes, your envelope number, as the code.
Many thanks for your collection last week: £851.00 incl standing orders
Special Collection next week – Archbishop’s Fund for Diocesan Administration
The Herald by subscription: Ring 0207 448 3607 or go to http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/subscribe
In church please:
· Continue to wear masks on Sundays unless you are in space or are exempt.
· At weekday masses you only need to wear masks if you are close to someone else.
· Socially distance 1metre. In other words, keep a space between yourself and anyone else.
· Continue to make your Offertory Contribution on entry.
NEWSLETTER DEADLINE – Noon Wednesday and please email if possible.
As we enter November our thoughts turn to those loved ones who have gone before us:
- We have a Book of Remembrance that will be brought to the altar in the offertory procession so that those whose names you record in it will be prayed for during the mass.
- Next weekend we celebrate Remembrance Sunday and we will pray for those who died during the two world wars.
- The following weekend (20/21 Nov) we will pray for those who have had funerals here during the past year. Each of their names will be read out loud and a candle will be lit in remembrance of each soul. A final candle will be lit for all those listed in the Book of Remembrance. (This will occur on the sanctuary as the procession by parishioners holding candles has not been allowed in church for several years.) This can be a very moving occasion and you are encouraged to invite anyone you know who might wish to remember loved ones in this way.
Loving God, We praise your name with all you have created.
You are present in the whole universe, and in the smallest of creatures.
We acknowledge the responsibilities you have placed upon us as stewards of your creation.
May the Holy Spirit inspire all political leaders at COP26 as they seek to embrace the changes needed to foster a more sustainable society.
Instil in them the courage and gentleness to implement fairer solutions for the poorest and most vulnerable and commit their nations to the care of Our Common Home.
We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ your Son. Amen
CAFOD has more ideas about what we can do. Visit their website: cafod.org.uk/campaign/COP26
Please put your completed questionnaire in the box in the porch. Please accept our thanks.
PARISH SOCIAL EVENING – SATURDAY, 13 NOVEMBER AT 7PM
This is an informal get together with a special welcome to those who are new to the parish. Please bring your own nibbles. Children of all ages are welcome and you can leave at any time. The bar will be open and there will be a raffle with all proceeds in aid of the parish and prize donations are welcome. Tickets are available after Mass. The event will be run along Covid guidelines.
The Meeting Place will be open in the Hall on Wednesday, 10th November from 9.30 till 1.30 with a lunchtime menu available. All are welcome, please spread the word.
JUSTICE AND PEACE COMMISSION AUTUMN ASSEMBLY 2021
The Diocesan Justice and Peace Commission Autumn Assembly entitled ‘COP26’ What next? Is a continued response to the huge environmental issues of our time. At Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Brixton Hill, SATURDAY 20th NOVEMBER from 10 a.m. onwards. Please bring a packed lunch. Tea and coffee provided. Email email@example.com to reserve your place.
CEMETERY BLESSINGS OF GRAVES NOVEMBER 2021 – Kemnal Park – Sat. 6 Nov. at 2 pm, Hillview Welling – Sun 7 Nov. at 1.30 pm Sidcup – Sun. 7 Nov. at 2.30 pm Bexleyheath – Sun. 7 Nov. at 2.30 pm Brook St. Erith – Sun.14 Nov. at 3 pm Plumstead – Sun 14 Nov. at 1.30 pm Woolwich – 14 Nov. at 2 pm Chislehurst – 20th November at 12 noon.