SUNDAY 1st August 2021
18th SUNDAY (B)
Readings: Exodus 16:2-4.12-15 Psalm 77, Ephesians 4:17, 20-24 John 6:24-35
SERVICES FOR WEEK 31st July – 8th August 2021
Sat 31 July 11.00 NO CONFESSIONS
18.00 For the Parish
Sun 1st Aug 18TH SUNDAY (B)
08.30 Marie & Jack’s Wedding (Cannon Family)
10.30 Ron & Joan Aspeek (Choir)
Baptism Astrid Do
Web – For the Parish
Tues 3rd Aug 11.30 Funeral Mass for David Latimer RIP
Weds 4th Aug 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Ron & Joan Aspeek (Frake)
Fri 6th Aug 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Iris Keefe RIP (Sheehan)
Sat 7th Aug 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Sonny Sheehan RIP (Sheehan)
Sun 8th Aug 19TH SUNDAY (B)
08.30 Deceased Members of the De Silva Family
10.30 Deceased Members of the Larkin Family
Web – available anytime For the Parish
SUNDAY MASS ON THE WEBSITE
Go to our website www.stjohnfisherbexley.org then click on ‘Sunday Mass’
Direct Bank Payments to RCAS St John Fisher – Bexley, Sort code 51 70 14, Account 01831763
Please put your name and if you use envelopes, your envelope number, as the code.
The weekly Catholic newspapers:
Catholic Universe and Catholic Times are no longer available. The publisher has sadly gone out of business.
The Herald can be obtained directly by subscription: Ring 0207 448 3607 or go to http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/subscribe
Good to be back!
We are making cautious adjustments following the lifting of legal restrictions and we hope to make further adjustments in the weeks ahead but always with a view to the safety of those attending mass. So from now on, in Church we ask that you:
· Continue to wear masks on Sundays unless you are in lots of space or are exempt. You may cause concern for others if you don’t
· Continue to cleanse your hands on entry to the Church.
· Socially distance 1metre. In other words, sit wherever you like but keep a space between yourself and anyone else that is not in your bubble!
· For Holy Communion please all join the procession down the central aisle.
· Follow the usual procedures for the Offertory.
· Continue to follow the Track and Trace procedures at weekend masses but not weekday mass.
· The longer Gloria and Creed should now be recited at Weekend masses.
· Wear masks at weekday masses, ONLY IF NECESSARY.
· Hymn books are being reintroduced, but please replace them on the table you take them from.
· Frequently used non-absorbent “touch points” will be cleansed after mass.
· The Hall will open after the 10.30 mass on August 8th for refreshments.
· Parish Mass books will be reintroduced when it is safe to do so.
One more Confirmation is taking place this weekend. Congratulations to Hannah Hansford. Thanks again to our patient team of catechists.
HALL Open next Sunday for refreshments – Hooray!!
MEETING PLACE – Great News!
We are now open in the Hall for the Meeting Place on Wednesdays from 10-12 for light refreshments. We will not be serving lunches yet, but will adjust the catering and times when we have some idea of numbers attending. All are welcome, please spread the word.
We have a baptism this weekend: Congratulations to Baby Astrid Do and her family
DAVID LATIMER RIP
David’s funeral will be on Tuesday August 3rd at 11.30
Please pray for him and for his family at this time.