SUNDAY 8th August 2021
19th SUNDAY (B)
Readings: Kings 19:4-8 Psalm 33, Ephesians 4:30-5:2, John 6:41-51
SERVICES FOR WEEK 7th – 15th August 2021
Sat 7 Aug 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Sonny Sheehan RIP (Sheehan)
Sun 8th Aug 19TH SUNDAY (B)
08.30 Deceased Members of the De Silva Family
10.30 Deceased Members of the Larkin Family
Web – available anytime For the Parish
Mon 9th Aug PKM
Tues 10th Aug 09.30 St Lawrence Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Harrington & Sheehan Families (Sheehan)
Weds 11th Aug 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 David Latimer RIP (Fitzpatrick)
Fri 13th Aug 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 Iris Keefe RIP (Choir)
Sat 14th Aug 11.00 Confessions
18.00 Dennis & Joannie Fogarty RIP (Fogarty)
Sun 15th Aug ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
08.30 Stanley Durling RIP (Cannon Family)
10.30 Christiana Anim RIP (Asaam Family)
Web – available anytime For the Parish
SUNDAY MASS ON THE WEBSITE
Go to our website www.stjohnfisherbexley.org then click on ‘Sunday Mass’
Direct Bank Payments to RCAS St John Fisher – Bexley, Sort code 51 70 14, Account 01831763
Please put your name and if you use envelopes, your envelope number, as the code.
The weekly Catholic newspapers:
Catholic Universe and Catholic Times are no longer available. The publisher has sadly gone out of business.
The Herald can be obtained directly by subscription: Ring 0207 448 3607 or go to http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/subscribe
It has been a long time but finally we can return to the Parish Hall after the 10.30 mass for refreshments and, Great News!
A generous parishioner is paying for your tea or coffee or your first drink at the bar, so please do come in and enjoy the social ambience!
Meantime, in church please:
· Continue to wear masks on Sundays unless you are in lots of space or are exempt.
· Continue to cleanse your hands on entry to the Church.
· Socially distance 1metre. In other words, sit wherever you like but keep a space between yourself and anyone not in your bubble!
· For Holy Communion please all join the procession down the central aisle.
· Continue to make your Offertory Contribution on entry. We will reintroduce the collection purses soon.
· Continue to follow the Track and Trace procedures at weekends only.
· At weekday masses it is not necessary to wear masks, unless you are close to someone else.
· Hymn books are to be used at the 10.30 mass, but please replace them on the table you take them from at the end of mass.
· Only frequently used non-absorbent “touch points” have to be cleansed after mass.
· Parish Mass books will be reintroduced when it is safe to do so.
We are now open in the Hall for the Meeting Place on Wednesdays from 10-12 for light refreshments. We will not be serving lunches yet, but will adjust the catering and times when we have some idea of numbers attending. All are welcome, please spread the word.
OSCAR ROMERO MASS
The Birthday Mass for Oscar Romero will take place at 12 noon on Saturday 14th August at St. George’s Cathedral.
It will be broadcast via live-stream. The live-stream link will be available through the Romero Trust website: http://www.romerotrust.org.uk/ or at: https://youtu.be/5rznZwyiab8
We welcome Baby Reiss Blood into the Church this weekend. Congratulations to her family.
Her baptism will be completed on 29th August
SEASON OF CREATION
The celebration throughout September recalls the teaching of Laudato Si. Titled “A home for all”, it is designated to enable Christians to come together to care for our Common Home through prayer and action. There is, as part of the season, a highjly commended free live event:
The Cry of Creation – A Study Day on Laudato Si on Saturday 4th September, 11 am-12.30 pm
Fr Ashley Beck, priest of the Archdiocese of Southwark and Associate Professor at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, who specialises in Catholic Social Teaching, will explore its contents and explain its crucial relevance. To access this free live event go to www.whatgoodnews.org – No registration is needed. The talks will be available subsequently on the same website.