14th Sunday of the Year
Readings: Zechariah 9:9-10, Psalm 144, Rom 8:9, 11-13, Matthew 11:25-30
SERVICES FOR WEEK 5th July – 12th July 2020
Sun 05 July 14th SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME (A)
Parish Mass – available to engage with via website at any time.
14th Sunday in Ordinary Time A
David and Pat Latimer (Frake)
(privately said) John Harrington RIP (Wheatley)
Mon 06 July 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 am Terry Orford RIP (Orford/Smith)
Tues 07 July (privately said) David Beattie RIP (Ireland)
Weds 08 July 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 am Christine & Ken Crump (Frake)
Thurs 09 July (privately said) Nosrat Vahabzadch (McQuaid)
Fri 10 July 09.30 Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10.00 am Iris Keefe (Anderson)
Sat 11 July 6.00 pm Dr Dick McCarthy RIP (Anna & Family)
Sun 12 July 15th SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME (A)
08.30 am Keith Perry RIP (Lee)
10.30 am Fr Francis Hartley RIP (Hughes)
Please pray for the souls of :
Terry Orford Funeral on 6th July at 3.30
Maurice Birmingham Funeral on 17th July at 11.30
Please pray for those who are suffering from Corona virus and for those who care for them
Prayer of St. Alphonsus – (to be used when making spiritual communion)
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in this Most Holy Sacrament of the altar.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come spiritually into my soul so that. I may unite myself wholly to You now and forever. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
FINANCES – from the Diocesan and Parish finance teams.
Many thanks to all who are delivering weekly offerings .
Direct Bank Payments to RCAS St John Fisher Church, Sort code 51 70 14, Account 01831763
Please ensure you put your name on the transaction code so that we can thank you later.
LINKS AND CONTACTS.
Our Diocese of Southwark: http://www.rcsouthwark.co.uk Lots of information and further links.
Bexley Council Helpline: 020 3045 5398. The helpline is open from 8am to 6pm.
It will be a joy to celebrate our first public mass since lockdown on Monday morning, 6th July at 10.00 following exposition of the Blessed Sacrament that begins at 9.30. It will be the same on Wednesday and Friday and then next weekend we will have our usual Sunday masses in church.
The Sunday Obligation still does NOT apply so we are still free to stay at home and participate in the virtual mass via the website or attend mass during the week if we want to. Indeed I would encourage many who gravitate to our busy 10.30 mass on Sundays to attend a different one if possible, at least for the time being.
• Those who do attend MUST WEAR A FACIAL COVERING. This is important as we will be using the government’s 1 metre+ social distancing rules. It doesn’t need to be a mask. Many are using scarves and other coverings.
• Face coverings are not needed for Masses on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
• Everyone will be carefully guided to their seats by our stewards. This will take a while longer than usual so please arrive early.
• Hands can be cleansed on entry. We have a hand dispenser available for those who do not have their own.
• There will be no toilet facilities available.
• Mass will be shorter than usual with no singing at any mass.
• The reception of Holy Communion is carefully regulated at a distance and only in the hand.
• There will be a number of changes in the practice of mass and these will be explained at mass.
• Anyone who is unwell or who is isolating should not attend.
• Doors will remain open to ensure good ventilation and to avoid touching handles etc.
• Stewards are on duty at each mass to ensure this safe practice.
• Votive candles can be lit by taking a light from ones already lit.
• If you attend you will be asked to give your name with a contact detail so that we can participate in the track-and-trace scheme that the government is running
We are grateful to the stewards who have volunteered to staff the church during these times. One will be in the porch to give instructions and others will be in the church to supervise and to usher.
They will also help cleanse the church after Sunday masses.
Please ring John Rayer (01322 523499) if you can be available for any of the Sunday masses.
OUR SUNDAY PARISH MASS will be available on the website in the (now) normal way.
• If you haven’t found it yet, then on the website: http://www.stjohnfisherbexley.org go to the Sunday Mass button and click on there.
• If you are a Parish Reader you can exercise your ministry by emailing Peter Murphy on email@example.com
• The parish office is open on a limited basis.
• You can receive this newsletter by email and also my mid-week “Ramblings” by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHURCH CLEANING has recommenced this week in readiness for the church re-opening for Mass from Monday 6 July. The cleaning rota will continue as before lockdown for the rest of the year. General cleaning only will be required, as sanitising will be undertaken by the stewards on duty after the Friday and weekend Masses. The only toilet facilities in use will be the disabled toilet in the hall. Thank you. Carole Hughes
Congratulations to Richard and Rebecca, who married in our church on Saturday afternoon.