THIRD SUNDAY OF ORDINARY TIME
Readings: Isaiah 8:23-9:3, 1 Corinthians 1:10-13, Matthew 4:12-17
Click above to hear Fr Doug’s sermon.
MASS INTENTIONS FOR WEEK 26 Jan – 2 Feb 2020
Sat 25 Jan 6pm Tom Barrett RIP (Wood)
Sun 26 Jan 8.30am William Stevens RIP (Julie & Steve)
10.30am Veronica Morton RIP (Fordham)
Mon 27 Jan 9.30am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10am John Gerard Lowney (Sheehan)
Tues 28 Jan 7pm Eucharistic Service
Followed by Exposition and Our Lady & St. Pio Prayer Group
Wed 29 Jan 9.30am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10am Mary, Liam, Marie & Fiona Higgins RIP (Sheehan)
Thurs 30 Jan 9am Eucharistic Service
Fri 31 Jan 9.30am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
10am Percy & Pat Burke for Christmas (Fitzpatrick)
Sat 1 Feb 9am Eucharistic Service
6pm Ivor John Burton-Bowen RIP (Wood)
Sun 26 Jan 8.30am Private Intentions
10.30am Martin Lacey RIP
Reconciliation Times: Sat 9.30am (after Mass) and Sat 5.30pm (before Mass)
Prayers for the Sick: Tony Laws, David Latimer, Colin Anderson, Joe Reape, Giulio Venturi, Anne Newton, Bridie Cripps, Ray Blackman and for all those with ongoing poor health.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION – 19/1/2020
Collection Total £909.20 Many Thanks
This week’s retiring collection is for Bexley Deanery Developing World Group.
ST JOHN FISHER QUIZ NIGHT (FOR CHURCH FUNDS): 8 February 2020, 7-11pm in the hall. Tables of 6 – £8 per person. Raffle and quizzes. Licensed bar and bring your own nibbles. Tickets to be available after Sunday masses or contact Anny Hyde on 07973 656 166.
RECRUITMENT OF HEADTEACHER The governors of St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary School in Mortlake, London SW14 8HE are looking to recruit a Headteacher to take up post in September 2020. For more information, please see the school website – https://www.st-marymagdalens.richmond.sch.uk/ or contact Evelyn Fernandes at
email@example.com for an application pack.”
GIFT AID: Please remember to collect your Gift Aid envelopes and boxes from the back of the Church.
SPECIAL MINISTERS: Please collect your new rotas from the Sacristy. Many thanks, Patricia and Kathy.
CAR PARK PERMITS: This is now up for renewal – £10.00 for the year. Forms at the back of the Church. Many thanks for your support in this enterprise.
E-MAIL SCAM: Some parishioners have received e-mail from a gmail address which appears to be from Father Doug. It asked to purchase a gift card on his behalf. Please be aware and DO NOT REPLY as this is a scam. A correct e-mail address from Fr. Doug will end with rcaos.org.uk
FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN: “Very many thanks for your kind attention during and response to the campaign on our parish financial commitments. We are working through the many forms and we should be able to report more fully in February.
- Envelope boxes for some new pledges have been prepared and will be in the porch for collection
- Similarly for new pledges using standing orders, some packs of second collection envelopes are in the porch for collection
- If your pack or box is not there we shall be preparing them next month
- If you took the form home to insert details please bring it back and give it to Fr Doug or pop it through the presbytery letter box in an envelope marked for his attention.
- For those setting up standing orders on line, please do pop a note in the presbytery so that the finance team can identify the receipt in the bank statements.
- If you missed the campaign there are some spare copies of the newsletters available for your consideration and completion”. Thank you, John Rayer
“The God Who Speaks” – Year of the Word 2020: To mark the special Year of the Word Archbishop John Wilson is inviting all Parishes in the diocese to join him for a special diocesan gathering in Aylesford on Saturday 27th June. More details will be published in due course, but please save the date in your diary.